Apr 28, 2011

Gary Marks

I'm am a singer-songwriter and have been making records since I was 21. I started playing gigs when I was 16. My first gig was in my living room, with an audience of one -- my mom. Tough crowd, but I survived. I've recorded my songs with John Scofield, Paul McCandless of Oregon, Mark Isham and Art Lande. And even though they are all jazzers, IMHO, we rocked.

I've now recorded 14 CD of original music and written 12 novels.

If you enjoy my songs and video, please join me on Facebook here:


And/or follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/gmarksmusic


Sunrise Blinding Way - Gary Marks


lyrics:
Time flies when you're on the run


By the end you've just begun


Traveling round the world, while your heart is sleeping in the rain.

Life was kind of getting old


Sunglasses on to hide the soul


I never wanted a pot of gold -- take your rainbow and go away.



But then love snuck around the bend


In a sunrise blinding way


And I'd fall at the speed of light without your love to pull me together.



When your car pulled up to mine


I met your eyes, you almost smiled


I turned left and felt upset thinking that it was the end.



What exactly was I driving at?


Trying to pull love out of a hat like that.


That's where I was at, as I stared dead at the road ahead.

Then your love snuck around the bend


In a sunrise blinding way


And I'd fall at the speed of flight without your love to pull me together.



SOLO

Let's drive out to Sunset Cove and mingle.


See if we can sweep stars off their little feet

'cause your love snuck around the bend


one sunrise blinding day


And I'd fall at the speed of light without you there to put me together.


Without you there to love me.